Monday, March 16, 2015

Family is Important



Family is important
By Rachel Roberts


When I was just
A little girl 
I was told
Family is important

When I was just
A little girl
I was told
We are all connected

Now that I’m older
I see why

Because I see mother
Rocking her baby
The chair going creek
Their hearts connected

I watch a father
Play with the little
Ones after a trying day
Of work
Their enjoyment shared

I run with a sibling
Dirtying my clothes
As I play
In the mud
Our excitement one

I watch a grandparent
Tell a story
Of hard work
Of diligence
Their eyes shining
Our wisdom merged
  
I see an aunt and uncle
Hugging a cousin
Wiping his teary eyes
  Their comfort linked

I eat with my
Family distant
And close we talk
And our burdens
Are lightened by our joint Strength  

I know families
Are important
  Because trial, or sorrow,
Happiness, or Joy    


No comments:

Post a Comment