Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Father's Light



My father’s light

by Rachel Roberts
2014
Cold, dark, consuming 
is this wood where I stand.
Alone without a soul to be found
I started on the path 
but somehow lost my way.
Running now heart pounding, legs on fire, 
I can find another path.
But I trip and I’m even deeper in this cold
Darkness of a wood.
The path was not cold or dark. 

It was light and hope.
Hope that someday I would find home.
Home where father and mother are.
 
Home were brothers and sisters are.
Where is the path? Will I ever find it again?
But I know I’m not good enough,
Too late for me, 
I’ll just stay here in the Darkness alone. 
Because I’m good enough.
Sobbing, broken, when a voice fills me.
Just a mere whisper on the wind, no more.
“Come child” it says kindly, “don’t despair, follow.”
Light appears, a round light, a leading light
I follow the light back through the cold darkness.
 The light leads me back to the path, it’s always strait.
Always narrow, always safe, always calm,
And I start anew on the path walking home.
I will fall again but I know my fathers light, 
the light of my fathers love, 
will always guide me back.
Because the path leads home.

No comments:

Post a Comment