Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Watching my mother


Watching my mother

by Rachel Roberts 5/2014

Ever since I was young I have watched her, my mother.
.

I have watched her hold babies, her arms forming a cradle of love.

With bright innocent diamond eyes, I have watched her clean weeping wounds

With curious hands I have helped her cook and clean for our needy house.

With listening and hopeful ears I have heard her sing, cry, and comfort her family

I have often wondered if I will ever be a mother as she is to me.

I want someday to have a glowing little jewel of a girl

Who will see me as the Angel, super hero, and friend I see in my mother.

Who will tell me her darkest secrets and worst heart breaks.

And to get this, a family, a little girl, and happiness, I need only watch my mother.

Watch her cook and clean for my needy house.

Watch her work till her eyes dreamy from deprived sleep, but still tells us she loves us.

She is my Rock, holding me up when my life becomes a whirlwind

She tells me she wants me to be wise, strong, and joyful.

I'll answer, "I'll watch you my mother, I will watch you."

No comments:

Post a Comment